Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Painting is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do. ~Edgar Degas

We have lived in our new house since October 2010.  So far we have painted two bedrooms, front entry way and the kitchen.  We have an open concept so you can see all the colors and therefore they sorta have to jive with each other.  At our last house we went with a lot of darker, bold colors.  At this house since it is so open we are leaning towards more lighter and airy colors.  The palate that exists already here is mainly earth tones.  With the exception of the girls rooms (Pink and Purple) we are going with the same idea when we update.  I have some color samples that I am looking at in all different lights so that I know 100% they are the colors we want.  It is a HUGE job so I want to be sure!!!  And it is going to take me such a long time.  I will do my best to post photos along the way.  I am sure it will be a summer project as I want to paint furniture too!!!

Today's baking:
Frozen cookies - you know the ones!!  From Country Traditions - the cranberry white chocolate ones.  I love being able to get out just a few at a time to cook up for play dates, school lunches or dinners.  I may take it to a different level and actually do up my own frozen cookies.  Matt's wonderful Aunt made the suggestion.  She makes them up ahead - freezes them on a cookie sheet and then puts them in a ziploc bag. Then you know what goes into them!!

Homemade Granola Bars from Kaycee's blog.  I was missing the key yummy ingredient that literally pulls it all together - sweetened condensed milk.  I found a GREAT substitute that is yummy. The last many times I made these they haven't made their way into a container.  Just on a plate to cool and then to our mouths.  That is my goal this time - freeze some!!!!

The majority of our garden is planted (YAY!!!)  We can't wait to enjoy some fresh lettuce, peppers, tomatoes and peas!  Another garden will be planted SOON.

We are heading for a playdate today at Amelia's BFF's house.  We get together pretty much weekly and have a great time.  The girls play great together and we both have babies.  Her youngest is one year but we can tell she and Ruby will have a great time together!!!

AWESOME!!
-a good nights sleep when you have a baby!!
-finding JUST the right paint color.
-Jelly Belly's ON SALE!!! (why do they have to be so expensive)
-pretty table cloths - I love when you find one that jumps right off the shelf and says "take me home to your table!"
-homegrown veggies - it is like you can taste the hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment