Monday, June 13, 2011

to realize the value of 4 days - ask a runner who took 4 days off!

Life has been busy - sorry for the lapse in posts.  My family has been busy with - well, life in general.  Most evenings (when I normally blog) are spent outside until it is bedtime.  We have a lovely porch and I like to sit out there to see how long I can stand the bugs!  With the power being out, Relay for Life and late night visits - I not only missed blogging, but running.  So out I went tonight in the spitting rain.  I am a hurting woman.  Never again!!!!

My run today had me reflecting on things.  I was feeling bad for having not made the time for myself to run.  I have been successful at loosing weight so I was reflecting on how much I love food.  I am addicted to food.  I LOVE the taste of food.  I look forward to eating and enjoying the fruits of my labour.  This is why lately I have struggled with how to make things, like salad, still taste wonderful.  My salads always consist of fruits, nuts and cheese along with the other veggies.  I only use an oil/vinegar dressing.  I was eating salad late one evening and felt like I was being naughty...but it was ALL good for me!!!  Today I was buying groceries and realized just how much I love cookies!!!  So tonight I made my own from scratch.  My new tactic is to leave out only a VERY small few - usually one per person and one for Grace's lunch....then I freeze the rest.  It has been working so far!!  At night I take out the next days servings so I have to decide in the morning when I will have that yummy treat....and I don't eat 6 of them!!!

Today was a GREAT coupon day for me!  I bought a case of disposable diapers that were $8 off and I had a $2 off coupon.  So $14!  I had a coupon for FREE Triscuts, FREE frozen yogurt and had some other manufacturers coupons.  AWESOME!!!

I have decided to change my grateful list to my AWESOME list:

-FREE groceries
-Running in the rain
-Picking daisies in the rain
-The smell of my house after fresh baked chocolate chip cookies
-Generosity!


No comments:

Post a Comment