Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It is amazing how much can change in a week

I started the C25K one week ago - and have run 3 times since!!!  The first time I ran it was extremely intense.  Who knew running for 60 seconds would be so hard?!  It was a 30 min pep talk.  Then as day 3 came along I was saying "Wow, this is getting easier!!!".  And eating even better came with it.  I am not counting calories but I am cutting back on a few things, eliminating things all together and focusing on drinking lots of water.  It has been an amazing week.  I went to the doctor today to follow up on my blood work and everything was perfect.  I feel so much more energy already.  And I have lost 3 lbs!!!!!!

We are planning our garden!!!  This week we break ground.  It will be later than we should have but we have been so busy and the rain hasn't been our friend.  Matt has been reading a fantastic book from my parents called Mini Farming and he has learned so much about what to plant when and with what.  We plan to have laying hens as well so we will have fresh eggs.  I think that project will be next year.

This is a busy week with a few appointments.  I had a Doctors appointment, Grace has her hearing test tomorrow and Thursday I get my eyes checked.  Then Friday is the 2011 Relay for Life at the NDSS track.  I am not part of the team but more of the cheering section.  The team is called "Yes you can Sir" and the team members have names involving Sir.  Matt's is Sir-Mountable hehe!!!!  We always have a great time and there are always very moving moments.  We are really looking forward to attending again.


We discovered an amazing new treat at the grocery store.  Mini personal pizza shells!  They are soooo yummy and only $2.89 from No Frills.  I have made them (or should I say dressed them) twice this week.  I soften cream cheese, add pesto and then use that as the sauce.  Then I dress them up with delish veggies and top with shredded cheese.  They are super delish and easy and the girls love them!!!!!

My greatful list:
-the book of AWESOME
-macaroons!!!!!
-fresh herbs (started my garden this week)
-Ruby saying "Mum mum mum"
-my nephew Tyler - who is 17 today - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment