Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I had my spirit stomped on a little today...

I went to see my GP to have a prescription renewed and ask him about some bruising I have been having.  We talked about some blood work and he suggested it could be from the trauma my body experienced when giving birth last time.  I bruise easily ever since!!!

So I am planning to start the Couch to 5k running program.  I am excited to get started!  I wanted to check in with him to see if he has any words of wisdom.  I explained how I have been really struggling with loosing weight.  I am eating well but not able to exercise as much as I would like.  He said to me "Have you considered gastric bypass".  I was stunned!!!!  Anyone who I see on TV for those procedures the people are 500 pounds.  I was mortified.  It really stomped on my spirit.  Now I am hell bent to loose weight.  I know I should have a "realistic" goal.  But honestly I want to loose 70-80lbs.  My best friend just lost 100 and is running marathons!  I want to do it too!!!!  So off I go tomorrow - I will let you know how it goes.

Dinner tonight was quick and easy!  Fresh tortellini with alfredo sauce and salad.  In  the salad was mixed greens, mushrooms, celery, cranberries, sunflower seeds and a dressing I made with olive oil and white wine vinegar.  I topped with shredded parm cheese.  It was delish.  I am now on a hunt for more salad recipes!!!  I like different flavours mixed together.

I am really loving smoothies lately too and they are really healthy and filling.  I used yogurt, milk, flax meal and frozen fruit.  It is SOOOOOO good!!!!  Sometimes I add a banana and some fresh fruit too.  I am hoping to add these to my diet regularly.

I need to prove to myself AND to all the people who don't think I can do it!!!!  Tomorrow is my first (and hopefully final) attempt at this....wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment